What often happens with purchases via iTunes or Apple is that they will bundle receipts together for purchases made on different days or delay processing the purchase by up to two weeks.
This does make it appear that you have either been overcharged or have been charged when you have not made a purchase, but there is a way to check.
Checking the actual purchase date and time (not the billing date or the day when they sent you the receipt) can be quite tricky in case of purchases made from Apple or iTunes.
Please follow these steps to find this information:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID, then tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
If you use Family Sharing, you'll see in your purchase history what you bought using your Apple ID, but you won't see what other family members bought. To see what other family members bought, sign in with their Apple ID.
- Swipe up to Purchase History and tap it.
- Locate the receipt for the purchase and tap the ">" arrow to see the details.
5. It should look like the picture posted above and the ">" arrow will be shown next to each purchased item on the receipt.
6. Tap that arrow next to each of the purchases to see the actual purchase date. The detail screen will look like this:
If you are still unsure about what has happened or you need further help then please do contact our Support team via the game Menu > Support > Contact us.